Student Project

Wednesday, February 16, 2011



This is my first project for Infographics. My project was looking at The Portland Food carts. I decided to try and map out the food cart locations in the Down town Portland area. I also wanted to show the walking distance from the White stag building. There are over 150 carts in the downtown area alone according to the information I got from Yelp! I divided the carts into general food categories and then used one circle for each category of food cart present at each location. I also put a letter in the colored circle to designate exactly what kinda of food it was so it is was a Chinese cart the color of the cart would be that of the Asian category with a "C" in the circle. If there was more than one cart from a certain category I could make the circle bigger and added the letter designation. if say there were 3 Thai carts at one location I would put "Tx3" in the circle.

in the review I was asked to do an other version with the major roads being a gray instead of the orange.

No comments:

Post a Comment